web counter

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Charity Sale~


Today I participated in my first charity sale ever. As a part of a voluntary group, I feel like we are more of social aid than of medical aid, but its all good, hehe... It was held at Sarawak Society for the Blind at Ong Thian Swee Road? I thought it would be hard to get there cos I wasn't sure where it was, but heng heng Tai Hock, Cecilia etc was coming out from Premier 101 when I was heading out, so it took no problem getting there, =P

The place was not bad, but everyone setting up stalls at the activity area made it look like a market.


Committee members didn't need to prepare anything for this occasion, XD, but we did help to sell the food, Cincau Sarsi, Chai kuih, Pudding and Packet drinks.

Meet Billy. This was taken before our sale started cos we were still waiting for the ice to arrive.

Our signs

The response we got was not bad, even though there were alot of competitors, lol.... even got Ang Mos selling nasi lemak and mee goreng, damn they're so tall, >.> but I sold them drinks, success! XDXD... and I discovered that not everyone can become a salesman.... Oh, and I saw some familiar faces there too, hehe...


Thats the pic I took when we finished, after two hours we earned over RM500! I guess we did okay, so kudos to our VAD members, =D . Oh, the lady who worked there who counted our earnings was a Japanese! How rare to see one here, lol, I was unsure at first cos her English was either french-ish or japanese-ish but when I heard her count the coupons in Japanese...haha...

It was a good day, =)

_____________________________________________________________________

Upon the request of Cecilia,

can recognise? anyone?

3 comments:

m i n z h i said...

hey. is this tai hock ? lol...

m i n z h i said...

hey. is this tai hock ? lol...

Jaws said...

Yes, its tai hock