web counter

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Cooking

I think its safe to say that I can cook, well the food have been edible but I'm not sure how it would taste for other people...
 

This was a breakfast from one of the home-alone days.  Its the usual microwave-rice-egg-cake but with seaweed-paper thingy as the mold.  The sauce i made to go with it was tomato sauce with a dab of light soya sauce.  Definitely had the orient-western fusion taste.


And this was what I would say a western dinner?  However it was ate as lunch, =P 
This is the chicken chop, sauteed carrots and bak-choi cooked with chinese rice wine, extremely aromatic when done with alcohol.








 These are the baked potatoes, super easy to prepare and the skin is just...XD.  I learned a huge lesson baking these potatoes...  You MUST ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wrap them in aluminium foil, otherwise you'll be in for one hell of a scrubbing...  I would've wanted to plate them together, but my house don't have that kind of big plate.




 Next up are noodles.  I can't take much credit from it, it was modified from instant noodles.  



Threw some veges, prawns... shitake mushroom and 鱼漂。  It was originally a packet of 高丽面, and I must say, the noodles are most amazing.  The noodle strings are thicker than most others and they are so smooth...  I guess that's why they are more expensive.





This was the second time I made these, not-so-special-hotdog-onions-garlic-basil combination.  Somehow, anything that smells like tomato and basil will induce Italian flavour, but what do I know about Italian cuisine.  


Soup, this specific one has minced meat with a type of vegetable that I don't know how to name...  It looks like a cabbage but its much longer.  Just pour in a little bit of vinegar and you've got an appetizing starter.  


Lastly, this is fried rice in its most traditional form.  Rice, stir-fried with char siew and frozen mixed veges... brings back so much memories...




I don't mind cooking, as long I have the time, but I don't like the cleaning that comes afterwords.  I've actually said to myself quite often that if I suck at books, I'll venture into culinary.  XD



No comments: