web counter

Tuesday, June 09, 2009


Visiting Trip


Monday, some school club organised a trip to visit the Sejingkat Power Plant. They actually wanted to go to the cat museum, dunno why they changed it... I can't remember when was the last time I went there. Could it be never?

I nearly fainted when they passed out questions for us to ask...==;; What's up with that?

Again, I din't want to go when I heard that most of Sc3 is going... no offence, I just want to avoid trouble... but it turned out okay...

We waited VERY long for the bus, cause the organisers asked us to go early. 28 people went, including the teachers. I remember that I heard that Cecilia said that it took 2 hours to get there, man, how wrong was she...

So we went there, first thing we saw were a bunch of terrace houses built for the plant workers. Then we checked in, and we went into some room for a briefing. We were told about the whole process of coal burning... steam making and electricity production. I have a feeling that mr.bong used to work there or at least visited there before and this trip is actually his idea... hmmm......

After the briefing, we got helmets and ear plugs before we went into actual plant.

These are the turbines that generate electricity, it really wasn't that noisy, so the earplugs were rather useless? Tho they made a good token of memory, lol...
Then we went into the control room. Basically, the monitor the turbines and the boilers here. ''Coal-control'' is in another control room. But we din visit the coal part because we din have enough time, I think... I really wanted to ride the conveyor belt, lol...


That is one high temp. @@ . Notice the chinese writing on the meters? Its actually because the whole plant is made in china. There's even a supervisor from china that's been here for 10 years.

This is the sign on the boiler. They make fireballs...@@

No comments: