web counter

Friday, December 31, 2010

End of 2010

The year of 2010 is an epic year of my life.  With it, events that define my life;  complete with joy, sadness, and disappointment with a hint of "cheap" success.  2010, 2009...  when will I get an overall good year? *sigh*

Looking back at 2010, I can hardly remember what happened before I went to NUS.  Its like all the memory space has been taken up by a new environment and massive amounts of data input in a short period of time.

I still remember the trip back in January...


We had lots of fun, and I went shopping crazy.  It all seems so far away, all that is left are these memories...
We're not even that close anymore...


Then there was the CNY.


It was a pretty great celebration, because everyone in the family came back, even my brother did, because he no longer had to stay in India.  Did tons of visiting too, with both family and friends.  I will always remember gambling with beer at Mich's house, about how I made everyone drink and avoided drinking twice in a row!

 I seriously wanted to get a proper job, but I didn't, was it because I couldn't?   Just one of the failures of my life.  You'll see more of that later on.

Who could forget the STPM results day?

the reporter emailed it to me.
It was a happy day, my happy day.  Sadly tho, it did not reap much results for me.


With that came all the University applications and scholarship applications.  I managed to get into all the Universities that I want, even those that I don't, but not the scholarships...  Its like no matter how good I do, I'll never be good enough.  Just one of the failures of my life.  I think its unhealthy to dwell on failures huh?

Scholarship interviews brought me to KL and Miri.

This hostel does not know comfort but has the best locality ever

One of the best hotels I've been in.

Miri

The second Marriot in the same week.
Make no mistake that the interviews were valuable experiences and I met some nice people along with it too, even one person that surprised me, for the better.  I just hoped the outcome was in my favour.  I will ALWAYS think about how it would be like if I had gotten the scholarship and went to Manchester instead. 

I did partake in PC Fair!  I wanted to do it, and I got to do it.


Once again, another good experience.  I discovered that I can do direct sales, but in my opinion, its all about the product, which a lot of people will disagree with me. 

July came around, and it was time for me to go forth onto my next stage in life, varsity.  Cloudy, unsure, undetermined of what lies ahead, I went for it.


Its sad that I couldn't get hall accommodation, I'm pretty sure I messed up the application.  I could have gotten into KR...  You know, I would be a valuable addition to any team, of course I'm not talented or anything, but hey, spit and shine?  desperate?

NUS will be NUS, fast-paced and full of imba people.  I'm glad I'm surrounded by such, but its hard to keep up sometimes.  I know I have to work harder, focus is hard to come by these days... do I have ADD?  For everything you gain, there is a price of equivalent value.  That fact will never change...  I though varsity is the time to do whatever you want?

Singapore on the other hand is great, except for the small space and hawker food.  I do love shopping.  Vivocity is my favourite spot.

I really lost weight...

December holidays weren't really what I expected.  I have actually made a list of the things to do and aims.  I wanted to play tennis, but in the end not even once, brought my racket back for no reason.

I had my results for the first semester.  I want to do better, get into the dean's list because I've never done it before.  I need those CAP puller subjects.

Realising that my holidays are almost over, I have somehow sunk into depression.  This surprised me, I thought I would be glad to go back, ready and all enthusiastic, but I guess I've gotten used to the easy, do nothing life that I have here.  Don't I like studying in NUS?  Hopefully the new semester will be better than the last.

This is definitely a year to be remembered, for better and worse, through sickness and in health? lol...

Since the new year is coming, I guess its appropriate to post up new year resolutions.  I'll think about it, but will keep those I have not achieved too.

Happy New Year to all.

No comments: