web counter

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

AI TOP 4

2 more weeks until its over and this weekly continuous recaps/reviews will be over and I'll have to find some other things to blog about. I think I'll pass on So U Think You Can Dance which premiers the week after AI Finale. Ah wells...

This week's theme is Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame. I'm quite unfamiliar with that territory because most of em sounds old-school to me.

David Cook, first up this week, singing the song ''Hungry Like The Wolf" which I have never heard of, looked and sounded something like Daughtry. It was an okayy okayy performance, not enough to make people jump out of their seats. However, he does have that rock-star look/feel. For the 2nd song, it was actually the theme song from CSI NY! Eeee~ he slowed it down, toned it down, bulit it up, like he always do, but there was a part in the end that he built it up so high it kinda tumbled down to fast, left it hanging a bit. The judges liked it though...


Syesha was 2nd up, I though she would closed the show considering she's the last female contestant out there. We got a lil bit insight about how she cried being the last girl, blah blah... For the first song, she sang ''Proud Mary'' by Tina Turner, LOL. She even wore that silver-ish bling bling dress and brown hair! Total imitation attempts. When she was singing, I keep thinking about that scene in Miss Congeniality 2 where they had to do the song in a drag queen contest in some night club. Syesha even did a bit of that dance routine! That girl is either getting desperate or she really wanna have some fun. On the 2nd song, I know I heard it before but it doesn't ring any clear bells. I actually caught a few seconds of likeness of the amazing Leona Lewis off of Syesha during the 2nd song, for the first time I'm thinking '' yeah, she could win...''. I love that dress too, lol. Randy didn't like it at all, Paula and Simon loved it. How did THAT happen??


Jason Castro singing 2 songs on the 3rd runs. For the 1st song, I think he did okay, mostly because I couldn't compare the song, he looked very lively for once, added bits of attitude...but the judges all didn't like it, dang...things are going badly for him. He should have gone weeks ago, =P. At least he tried to blow it all away this week, at least he tried. For the 2nd song, it seemed he did better until he lost the words, haha. Smooth, mellow and charming as he always had been. Simon said he should pack his bags, @@. Thats really saying alot...

David Archuleta sang ''Stand By Me'' for his first song. It reminded me of Josiah Lemming who tried to do that song without any instruments and music. I mean, they were somewhat alike, just a little better. Looking at that performance, he's like singing to some girl standing on the balcony at night, with those hand gestures. If I was that girl, he sang good enough to be let into the house, LoL. For the 2nd song, he sang ''Love Me Tender'' by Elvis Presley, can't say I know that song, but this week, he's finally showing another colour other than white! Doing a romantic love song kinda really brings it out, haha. All in all, the judges all loved him, like they're gonna crown him right there, that instant.

We are down to four people, people! Hasty predictions, if things go rasionally, Jason goes home. We'll find out for sure tomorrow.


Funny facts: David Cook calls David Archuleta Archie, does that mean Archie calls David Cook Cookie? XD

No comments: